PDF quality of Ubuntu Desktop Guide

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 7 08:17:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, February 7, 2007 1:00 am, Rich Johnson wrote:
> Yes, while Matt was on vacation during the end of the Edgy release, Jordan
> and
> myself tried to assist the Russian team in fixing the PDF file as all it
> would do was print squares.

{snip}

> I have seen the new DocBook XML and it seems to fix this problem as I
> noticed
> it didn't use the -> but the regular arrows.

Erm - these are separate problems. This thread is about bad output on xrefs.

The Russian characters and arrow issues are not problems at all, just a
matter of customising the xsl properly. FWIW, I fixed the Russian
characters in our repository way back during the Edgy cycle (although it
didn't get uploaded to the website until a lot later).

The bad xref output is a proper bug.

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org