combo box terminology

Ben kenpokarateboy2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 17:40:17 UTC 2007

drop-down is slightly different from combo box- a combo box refers to a
text box that also has a pull-down list associated with it- so you can
choose a term from the pull down, which will automatically be put into
the text box, or just type into the text box. From a drop-down menu, i'm
pretty sure we're going with drop-down, as that is (in my experience)
the more commonly known term, and that term is also consistent with most
style guides, include the GNOME style guide. However, if the general
consensus is that we should use "pull down," it would be better to use
that than to have inconsistant terminology in our documentation.