ubuntu and my wireless

jherald jherald at neo.rr.com
Sat Dec 8 22:11:56 UTC 2007

Hello... I recently downloaded ubuntu for desktop and installed it on my
laptop. My laptop is an Emachines M6805. Once I installed Ubuntu, I
tried to get the wireless to work. I couldn't. Then I realized that the
"radio" for my wireless wasn't turned on, and to do so, I have to press
the function button and the F2 button at the same time. Well, under
Ubuntu, this didn't work. I don't know if the drivers in Ubuntu wouldn't
work with my keyboard, or they wouldn't work with my internal wireless
card. Could you possibly look into this and let me know how I might be
able to get my laptop to connect wireless under ubuntu?

Greatly appreciated

James Herald