mp3s or oggs of Ubuntu docs

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Tue Apr 10 15:12:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 10:02:40AM -0400, Matt A wrote:
> This is Matt A wow not noon yet and bad day already I forgot the
> password on my other email can't get it back for five days. :( So i
> just rejoined using my other email come on five days :| Well anyway
> I read the archive here is how I made the audio book of the ubuntu
> packaging guide.

Thanks again for this cool work!

> 1. Download the pdf

I would hope that working from the source text, the html, would allow
for better resutlts.  No page numbers, easier to deal with the
typography (pdfs can be awful in terms of introducing nasty stuff like
ligatures!), and the opportunity to give extra emphasis to headings,
italics, etc.  And allow folks to interactively follow hyperlinks.

I haven't done it myself, but assume there are good html reading
programs out there.  Any other good experiences out there?

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/
Signed and/or sealed mail encouraged.  GPG/PGP Keyid: 2C9EBA60