Using CGI's

Rex Guinn ragwing at gmail.com
Mon May 29 20:16:30 UTC 2006

Hi all;
I have been trying to install a BLOG on my local machine just to test it
out and see if I would like it on my server. It has a lot of cgi
scripts. How do I get these to be recognized. I am running Ubuntu 5.1 -
Apache2 - MySql and PHP5.  I have looked at the apache2.conf file and
made sure the cgi was not commented out. I think it should work as long
as it has a .cgi extension from my /var/www/mt directory. The
permissions are set correctly as is ownership. I used chown -R 33:33 for
the mt directory. and all the .cgi files are -rwxr-xr-x   1 www-data
www-data.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Rex