Repositories, archive, sources, components, categories...

Robin Sonefors ozamosi at blinkenlights.se
Sun May 28 18:15:20 UTC 2006

The first time I spotted the word channel was in SMART Package
Manager[1]. It's developed by mvo/Canonical, so it could have some
relevance here.

1. http://labix.org/smart

It's FAQ says [2]:
"What repository formats does Smart support?
Smart supports the following repository formats as source channels:

      * RPM repositories
      * DEB repositories
      * Slackware
      * Mirrors
"

2.http://labix.org/smart/faq#head-3b6a7533dee5f87959c30ca819e11d155697b275

So I think there is some kind of logic buried somewhere deep down. A
repository as a source channel...