tabs for the new help site

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed May 24 19:17:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 11:18 -0700, Jeff Schering wrote:
> On 5/23/06, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > As most of you know, we've implemented some tabs for the new help
> > website[1].
> >
> > [1] http://help.ubuntu.com/6.06
> >

> | 5.10 | 6.06 | 6.10 | 7.04 | etc etc works for me

This appears to be the general consensus, so I think we should go with
it.

> but maybe have the
> "Ubuntu Documentation" heading changed to "Documentation for Ubuntu
> 6.06 LTS (Dapper Drake)" or some such. "Ubuntu Documentation" is
> already in the headline graphic.
>
> Then maybe start out with something like "This documentation is for
> the Ubuntu 6.06 LTS release. Documentation for earlier releases is
> available by clicking on the tabs.

Ok, good idea. I've done something like this with the 5.10 section that
I've been preparing. I've put it up here: http://help.ubuntu.com/5.10/

Feedback is welcome.

> I don't think we need the LTS in the tab for 6.06 because there is
> only LTS; no STS or MTS or whatever.

Not sure. I tend to think of it as part of the version number - what do
others think about this?

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com