tabs for the new help site

Jeff Schering jeffschering at gmail.com
Wed May 24 18:18:47 UTC 2006

On 5/23/06, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As most of you know, we've implemented some tabs for the new help
> website[1].
>
> [1] http://help.ubuntu.com/6.06
>

| 5.10 | 6.06 | 6.10 | 7.04 | etc etc works for me, but maybe have the
"Ubuntu Documentation" heading changed to "Documentation for Ubuntu
6.06 LTS (Dapper Drake)" or some such. "Ubuntu Documentation" is
already in the headline graphic.

Then maybe start out with something like "This documentation is for
the Ubuntu 6.06 LTS release. Documentation for earlier releases is
available by clicking on the tabs. For a list of Ubuntu releases and
the release numbering scheme, see http://help.ubuntu.com/whatever" Not
exactly that; it's kind of clunky. But something that gives the same
info would be good.

If a user doesn't know what all those numbers are, then he can figure
it out pretty quickly from the heading. If he still doesn't know, the
answer is only one tab-click away. If, after that, he still can't
figure it out, then he needs more help than we can give him :)

I don't think we need the LTS in the tab for 6.06 because there is
only LTS; no STS or MTS or whatever.

Cheers,
Jeff

--