[Fwd: Re: Official book content in Dapper]

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Mon May 8 13:33:38 UTC 2006

>> It should be a distinct package, (official-book) and the index should be
>> accessible under System->Help->Official Book.
>>
>> Mark
>
> I would agree on making it a distinct package but making it part of
> System->Help and brandishing the "official" part makes
> volunteer-authored documentation like a 2nd class citizen IMO. Initial
> action would be for users to look first at those tagged as "official".
>
> What I suggest is make it known (on the firefox homepage) that some
> chapters of the official book is part of the CD but needs to be
> installed separately. Say, make it visible in Gnome-App-Install.
>
> Jerome
>

> --
> Jerome Gotangco
> jgotangco at ubuntu.com | jgotangco at gmail.com
> Mobile: +639196555242
> GPG: 0xA97B69A0

Jerome,

I think what Matt and I are more concerned about the lack of prior notice
this was going to happen, the duplication of efforts placed into the
desktop guides and also the fact that this will not be translatted like
the rest of the docs.
Also the documents created by the doc team now seems a little less
official.  Look at the docs created by the "community driven documentation
team" versus find it in the Official Cannocial support book

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Jesse