[Fwd: Re: Official book content in Dapper]

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Mon May 8 13:24:03 UTC 2006

> It should be a distinct package, (official-book) and the index should be
> accessible under System->Help->Official Book.
>
> Mark

I would agree on making it a distinct package but making it part of
System->Help and brandishing the "official" part makes
volunteer-authored documentation like a 2nd class citizen IMO. Initial
action would be for users to look first at those tagged as "official".

What I suggest is make it known (on the firefox homepage) that some
chapters of the official book is part of the CD but needs to be
installed separately. Say, make it visible in Gnome-App-Install.

Jerome

--
Jerome Gotangco
jgotangco at ubuntu.com | jgotangco at gmail.com