Proposed schedule change

Venkat Raghavan venkatraghavan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 08:33:50 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 03:16, Matthew East wrote:
> > I'd be in favour of either (a) not moving the documentation freeze at all
> > (March 23rd) or (b) delaying a maximum of 2 weeks (April 6th).
>
> I'd like to hear more from the various people taking care of the guides. I
> know that the Packaging Guide could do with 2 more weeks, what about the
> Server guide and other Kubuntu docs?
>
> Matt
The Kubuntu Desktop Guide is almost done, with only a few sections remaining
incomplete (mostly needing verification). The rest of of the DG just needs
some proofreading.

A two weeks extension would NOT be helpful to the Kubuntu Desktop Guide, as
that time could be used for translations.

I was greatly tempted by merging the Quickguide and DesktopGuide documents
(https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2006-March/005520.html), but I
think it is too late to actually try and integrate them singlehanded.

Venkat
--
Venkat 'robotgeek' Raghavan
Email: venkatvc (at) ubuntu.com | venkatraghavan (at) gmail (dot) com