Out-of-Date Images in our SVN?

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 15 08:10:29 UTC 2006

> On Wednesday 15 March 2006 01:35, Brian Burger wrote:
> > Inspired by Venkat talking about screenshots, I just had a quick look
> > through the ubuntu/images/C/ directory of our SVN.
> >
> > Most of the stuff in there seems to be pre-Breezy; some might even be
> > pre-Hoary.

Right, and we also have a ubuntu/images/en which seems to be surplus. We can
nuke these, but don't forget to leave Matt Galvin's Flight images there.

Venkat Raghavan <venkatraghavan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I think the Kubuntu images in kubuntu/images/C are more recent, due to Jerome
> working on them. I hope that we won't have to redo them. (What about
> translations, do they get English screenshots?)

I'm afraid so, unless any translators are really keen and want to do screenshots
too.

> > Should we nuke the old stuff, and take advantage of this timetable
> > extension to get some Dapper screenshots into the Ubuntu Desktop
> > Guide?
> Has the timetable been officially extended? I don't think this is confirmed

I don't think so either.

> > I'd be willing to do most of the screenshots from a Flight5 LiveCD,
> > and code them into UDG.

I'm in two minds about this: screenshots can be helpful I suppose, but doing
this so close to the end of the cycle might be a bit tricky. It's a big guide.
Or maybe it will work ;)

Matt