UserDocumentation Replacement

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 00:09:29 UTC 2006

On 3/13/06, Naaman Campbell <naamanc2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/14/06, Robert Stoffers <rstoffers at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can this be controlled using ACLs in any way by the docteam? Yes I
> > realize this is barking up the wrong tree, but still needs to happen.
>
> When the Wiki move happens, there has been talk of locking down the
> UserDoc and other important pages, like most of the pages linked to
> off the UserDocDraft.  Only members of the WikiTeam will have access
> rights.

This is a good idea,  but if/when it happens  what mechanism will we have
for non-WikiTeam members to propose edits?

Is there some way we could have proposed edits to locked-down pages sent to
this mailing list (or a new one) for members w/ access to commit, similar to
how we handle SVN diffs & commits for our non-wiki docs?

Just a thought,

Brian/Madpilot