using a period in lists?

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 23:05:42 UTC 2006

On 3/9/06, a boy name sue <imtheface at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just read over the Ubuntu Desktop Guide and i noticed that there is
> inconsistency on using a period inside lists. As I read in styleguide doc,
> it
> said that: "In lists, use a period only if the list items are complete
> sentences". But on what i saw in UDG, some typos follow this guide and
> some
> others don't, so its bring inconsistency to the doc.

<<snip>>

And many others you can see in UDG, so for the sake of consistency, I think
> someone should clear this things first. Honestly its made me confused! :)
> cheers!

"No period on the end of a list" makes sense to me; I'll look out for it
while I'm going through  the UDG  from now on assuming Matt & the rest
agree.

Andy, if you could post a list of which sections you've noticed these errors
in, that would help - or post a series of patches to the list, if you want
to do this editing yourself. Thanks!

Brian/Madpilot