SVN commit/LP questions

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 10:06:41 UTC 2006

On 3/1/06, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 01:44 -0800, Brian Burger wrote:
> > First of all, commits by "yh728" are actually from me, before people
> > start wondering...
> >
> > Turns out that Launchpad thinks this is my name; it got it from my
> > previous email address, and I'd nearly forgotten that my LP page is
> > still at launchpad.net/people/yh728.
>
> You can easily change your launchpad ID under "Edit Personal Details",
> this will not affect your SVN access, which will still be under the same
> username. There is no link between Launchpad and the SVN server. It
> might affect your ubuntu.com mail redirect though.

Actually, it's the SVN account name I wanted changed, given that I
don't even use the "yh728" email address for Ubuntu stuff anymore, and
my commits are coming from "yh728"...

I've updated my LP page. Given that LP uses email addresses for nearly
every other login, I'd forgotten it still had the old 'name' listed.

SVN access works, anyway, even it is coming from a funny-looking account name.