Firefox AMD64 Flash Java

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 06:04:12 UTC 2006

On 6/19/06, Kilz _ <kilzzz at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Document team.
> I am a amd64 Dapper user. I will probably remove myself from this list at
> the end of this question. But I had no other way of contacting anyone on
> your team. A few weeks ago I wrote a similar question that never made it to
> this list because I wasn't subscribed to it.
> Well on to the question, and the question is what can we do to restore the
> "FirefoxAMD64FlashJava" howto for 64 bit users? It seems Cory Burger on the
> document team wants it gone. It was deleted and is now forwarded to the java
> page. This has happened twice.
> The page is a howto for 64 bit users to setup 32 bit Firefox on an 64 bit
> system. The page that refers to it on the forum has 16,893 hits. The reason?
> 64 bit firefox doesn't have a working flash or java plugin so users have had
> to make a work around.
> The page the "FirefoxAMD64FlashJava" page is now sent to , the "java" page
> has no setup instructions for flash or firefox. It doesn't help people with
> a 64 bit system do what the orignal howto did. I personally have referred a
> lot of people to the "FirefoxAMD64FlashJava" page, and have used the
> information myself. Its needed.
> Is it possible to restore it, or make another howto that gives the
> information? If it contains dated information, can it just be updated?
> Because until its possible to install the 32 bit version with synaptic or
> other methods on a 64 bit system the howto is needed.
> Here is a link in case you need to see what page im refering to.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FirefoxAMD64FlashJava
>
> Thanks
> Kilz

Just to clarify, I don't want the page gone, I merely want the Java
(and Flash) instructions consolidated in a single location. There are
a great many people who might just want one or the other. Here is the
way forward I see:

1. Create a page called FirefoxAMD64
2. Link above page to Java
3. Link above page to RestrictedFormats for Flash

That sound good?

Cheers,

Corey