SwitchingFromWindows Guide

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Mon Jun 19 17:20:57 UTC 2006

Good afternoon,

We talked in the Doc Team on Friday about some of the documents that I have
proposed for Kubuntu (https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuDocs/Edgy) and one of
the documents I mentioned was a Switching From Windows guide.
Some of you may recall that in the midst of the Dapper Release, Riddell passed
along a website created by somoene who uses Kubuntu in regards to switching
from MS Windows to Kubuntu and had a list of steps on what to do etc...  Well
this document was not a high priority and as the book started got placed
behind aschedule.  (I don't even think it was validating correctly last time
I looked at it.)

We also started a wiki page (https://wiki.kubuntu.org/SwitchingFromWindows)
that has grown quite large and is focused only on Ubuntu.  I am proposing and
have started working on (based on svn commits just cleaning up things and
creating a structure) this guide.

One thing we talked about at the meeting was whether there would be a need for
a speicfic guide, one for Kubuntu and one for Ubuntu or something we can have
in the generic or commen forlder.  I am arguing for a specific Kubuntu based
version of Switching From Windows and something that we can then publish on
help.ubuntu.com.

Thoughts?

Jonathan