AddingRepositoriesHowto pages

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 03:46:57 UTC 2006

On 6/16/06, archis <launchpad.roncero at dfgh.net> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've updated the AddingRepositoriesHowto page for Dapper and moved the
> Breezy/Hoary/Warty things to a subpage.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AddingRepositoriesHowto
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AddingRepositoriesHowto/Breezy
>
> We're also linking to the Kubuntu sibling now
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KubuntuAddingRepositoriesHowto

I noticed this go past in RecentChanges, and fixed one minor error you
made - nice work!

Now, I think we could (and should) make it easier for people to find stuff
> so..what if we renamed / moved the Repository-centric pages to something
> like..
> <<snippage>>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Repositories
>
> which unfortunately needs revision, too.. I suggest we could use it as a
> front
> page for all things repository-related and link off of it.
>
> ..comments?

Run with it - you've done an awesome job so far with the new
6.06-readyrepos page.

(Now I know how to do sources updating "properly" in Dapper - I had a quick
look in Synaptic when I re-installed, saw it had changed somehow, and
dropped straight to "sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list" on the command
line...)

Brian/Madpilot