Ubuntu magazine | sec=unclassified

Stoffers, Robert LAC Robert.Stoffers at defence.gov.au
Tue Jun 6 04:43:16 UTC 2006

Hi Sara,

> We at the ubuntu marketing team are trying to get a magazine going
with tutorials tha would publish every month.

Sounds cool, but what will distinguish this from the newsletter, the
fridge and other forms of information such as the wiki (which already
contains many tutorials) that would entice people to also want to read
it?

> It was discussed that maybe we need to get in contact with other team
in the ubuntu community. We would
> like to know if there is way that this two projects can somehow
coexist and help each other.

I don't want to discourage you, but I can't help but feel that your
efforts would be better utilized if they were directed at helping out
with the newsletter rather then starting your own ezine. A tutorial or
two could be mentioned in the newsletter with a link to a wiki page
containing the tutorial in question, inviting the community to not only
just read but to help improve on the tutorial also.

One last thing, you might also want check that its OK for you to be
using a modified *ubuntu logo on the starting web page of your ezine,
generally from what I have seen Canonical doesn't like people messing
with the logos too much.

- Robert