Switching from Windows guide

Anthony Yarusso tonyyarusso at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 16 02:14:55 UTC 2006

Phil Bull wrote:

> As the planned appendices to the guide, we have a couple of sections
> which will probably be a little more technical, on things like Windows
> networking and dual-booting. If you can offer any insights into what
> power users are finding difficult, we might be able to add another
> section into the appendix to cater for their needs if it falls within
> the scope of the document.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

I considered myself a reasonably able Windows user, but had one major
issue when first switching to Ubuntu: dealing with my winmodem.  I think
it is safe to say there is a category of items like this that 'power
users' might find difficult, those being the things that you never need
to learn about (what they even are, how they work, etc.) on Windows
because they just work and you have no power to modify or mess with
them, but neither of those is necessarily the case on Linux.

Tony