Information on setting up modems

Nico Veenkamp nico at veenkamp.nl
Thu Jul 13 02:40:44 UTC 2006

Hi,

I read the article on the supplied link. When I search the documentation
on the word 'modem' or 'ppp' I get no results that point me to setup a
modem. This looks like something todo.

I have no modem myself so I could not do some testing and write it up
for the documentation. But it seems that the lack of modem setup info in
the system documentation is a legitimate complaint.

Is this correct or am I just lowing smoke.

http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?id=1051

[quote]
On the Ubuntu machine I open the "networking" tool. After clicking the
various tabs it becomes obvious that there isn't anything in this tool
to set up my Ethernet-connected ADSL modem. So I search the other menus.
Nothing.

After a few minutes of frustration I read the built-in documentation
which not-so-helpfully points to a discussion on the (online) wiki that
explains installing DSL connections. Thanks! I'll look it up when I get
online.
[/quote]

Nico Veenkamp
Open Source Solutions for Internet (OSSFI)
T: 06-53193353
E: nico at veenkamp.nl
W: http://www.ossfi.nl/drupal