CommonQuestions

Francis Giannaros francisg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 19:23:37 UTC 2006

On Monday 10 July 2006 07:51, Matthew East wrote:
> No, I'm saying that not having full phrased question in the sub-headings
> is essential before including such headings in a table of contents (see
> the first paragraph from my previous email quoted above).

Ok, now why do you think that this would address the other criticisms of such
a table of contents? How would it remove (i) the need for scrolling through
sections to find an answer; (ii) give an easy list of all the questions in a
bulleted-style selection.

Whatever you might say, smaller headings does not remove any of those two
points, so you might well go on suggesting that smaller headings (instead of
fully phrased questions) solves one problem, but it doesn't solve the others.

Note that the reason I'm mentioning this is because of what I've observed
throughout the last few days. Never before had people suggested that they
couldn't find a question on the page (after I'd pointed them to it). Yet they
do now. This is not a definitive refutation, but it's hard to ignore the
point and such a layout "out in the wild" with real-world testing (even if we
ignore for the time the other problems). :)

Regards,
apokryphos