Permissions Patch

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 30 17:30:26 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 00:11 +1000, Naaman Campbell wrote:
> Attached is a completd Permissions section of the Desktop Starter
> guide.  I have also created a new file ubuntu/menus/C/home-folder.xml
> that needs to be created as follows:

I'm afraid my system doesn't seem to like this patch. The error is:

matt at kalliope:~/ubuntu/ubuntu-doc/trunk/ubuntu$ patch -p0 <
getting-started.xml.patch
patching file desktopguide/C/getting-started.xml
patch: **** malformed patch at line 46: Index: libs/gnome-menus-C.ent

Can you try again? I don't know what is wrong with the patch.

> This should round off the currently "needed" sections of the Desktop
> Starter guide, except for the Ipod section - I don't have one..

I'll have a look at this section asap. In the mean time, a further
pressing task on the Desktop Guide might be to have a look at the "tips
and tricks" section: it doesn't really integrate well with the rest of
the structure, I wonder if there is any scope for merging some of these
tips into the other existing sections, or categorise them better.

> I now plan to move onto high level categorisation and improvement of
> the Wiki, along with mass CategoryCleanup -> CategoryDocumentation
> changeovers.  Look for the proposal of a Wiki love day at an upcoming
> docteam meeting.

Awesome idea!

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com