"Users and Groups" patch

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 28 10:56:43 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-28 at 13:23 +1000, Naaman Campbell wrote:
> Attached is my patch to the Users and Groups section.

Applied, thanks. With regards to your comment in the code about how to
accomodate optional flags in commands from the terminal, in this case I
thought it was better to keep it simple and to omit them. Perhaps
however it might be a good idea to include a little "To learn more
detail about these commands, open Help -> Manual Pages -> etc". Not
sure. Anyhow, in this case, given that the Users and Groups gui is
pretty flexible, I'm tempted to say that we should omit the CLI option
entirely in the desktop guide: the guide is already pretty lengthy!

> I am a little
> disappointed at not being able to get to Milo Casagrande's patch prior
> to it being committed.  The only  attachments to his emails to the
> mailing list I could see were his PGP signatures.

Why the disappointment?

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com