Email (Thunderbird) Icons

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 2 17:33:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 09:34 -0500, Matt Galvin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was whining on -devel last night about the fact that Thunderbird has
> no graphic in the "About" dialog (I know why) and the fact that the
> current icon is quite ugly. It was suggested that I just make one...
> so I made four.

Number one is very nice. But it isn't related to thunderbird, and
thunderbird isn't the default Ubuntu mail client, so I don't think it
should be used for that. Also, by the way, you shouldn't use Ubuntu
branding in non-ubuntu packages (i.e. anything other than ubuntu-doc,
ubuntu-artwork), because then derivatives have to change it.

I do think it should be used for the icon on the top panel however, but
that won't be possible until this bug is fixed (and at the moment I
don't think there is much keenness to fix it):

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gnome-panel/+bug/26394

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com