Switching from Windows guide

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Tue Dec 19 02:01:22 UTC 2006

On Dec 19, 2006, at 11:49 AM, Rich Johnson wrote:

> On Monday 18 December 2006 15:28, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> | *   "Entering basic information" --> the installer itself
> | *   "Partitioning your disks" --> the installer itself
> | *   "Finalizing the installation" --> the installer itself
> | *   "Restarting into Ubuntu" --> the installer itself
> | *   "Migrating your data into Ubuntu" --> Ubuntu Help
> | *   "Applications in Ubuntu" --> Ubuntu Help
> | *   "Dual-booting with Windows" --> Ubuntu Help
> In regards to "the installer itself" you are speaking about the
> Ubiquity specs concerning an interactive/presentation view that is
> going to be utilized for 7.04 during the installation process?

No, that is intended for showcasing features.
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubiquity/Slideshow>

I am referring to instructions embedded in the installer itself, and
not to any external help. The installer is an assistant, and as the
Gnome HIGs say, "do not include a Help button in an assistant window.
If you cannot make an operation sufficiently clear in an assistant
without resorting to a Help button, you need to simplify it further."

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/