[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] VMware on the wiki

Richard Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 11 03:12:00 UTC 2006

On Sunday 10 December 2006 18:25, Stoffers, Robert LAC wrote:
| Hello,
|
| I was playing around with Vmware over the last weekend and thought I'd
| take a look at cleaning up the relevant section on the wiki a bit.
| Currently it is all over the place, but I found at the following page
| the following note:
|
| https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VMware
|
| This is the future location of the VMware documentation on the Ubuntu
| Wiki. This will be a collaboration of all the existing pages. Please
| make edits to the other pages and  not this one. Note to wiki editors:
| please use the string 'VMware' rather than 'vmware' or 'VmWare' in your
| documents. This is the capitalization used by VMware itself. Thank
| you!!!
|

| The page is then just a list of other pages and a skeleton of what looks
| like a guide to using Vmware.
|
| What I propose to do is simply make the page above the main index page
| for Vmware related information and just have /Player /Workstation
| /Server (etc) hanging off that with appropriate links.
| Thoughts/questions?
|
| Cheers,
|
| Robert Stoffers

Hi Robert,

The idea behind that page was to merge all VMware documentation into one page.
After working with VMware for some time now, I know that isn't possible, and
your idea would probably be the best. However I do feel that some of the
pages can be merged into just one. The VMware page should probably be like a
front page to all of the VMware subpages with a small blurb/description to
each link. I started that page almost 5 months ago, wow, doesn't seem like it
was 5 months ago, maybe last month.

I like your idea of VMware/Player, VMware/Workstation, and VMware/Server for
the 3 main pages. If you want to start rocking on it go ahead, and if you
need some input, especially on the VMware Server part, I will be more than
glad to lend a hand. Thanks for looking it over and suggesting your idea, I
like it. Any objections?

--
.:Richard Johnson
.:nixternal at ubuntu.com
.:ubuntu.com .:kubuntu.com .:edubuntu.com .:xubuntu.com
.:http://nixternal.ubuntu-rocks.org