Error in Nvidia docs on help.ubuntu.com

Jeroen van de Nieuwenhof lists at vandenieuwenhof.nl
Fri Dec 8 15:02:38 UTC 2006

I have a laptop with a Nvidia Geforce Go 7300 GPU. I tried to install the
nvidia-glx package to get 3d rendering working. When i use the steps in
both https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia and
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia i get this
error when i run the command 'sudo nvidia-glx-config enable': Error:
unable to load nvidia kernel driver! Be sure to have installed the nvidia
driver for your running kernel.

On the forums i found the solution. I should run this command instead:
sudo nvidia-xconfig. Now it seems to work fine.

Is this the new way of installing nvidia drivers in Edgy or does this only
work with certain gpu's? In other words: how should the wiki pages be
changed so everyone can get their 3d rendering working on Nvidia cards
without having to google for the answer?

Regards.