Wiki pages for review - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/InstallingSoftware

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 18:11:00 UTC 2006

Hi David

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 19:29 +1000, David Tangye wrote:
> If it were accepted that the primary customer/reader for this (and
> perhaps many other wiki pages and docs) were "Non-technical users" as
> per my earlier "rant" then I would take the Section "Packages and
> Package Management" back to be just ahead of "Glossary", because it
> largely is technical backgrounder stuff that, while filling out nicely
> what a non-technical user MIGHT later look up, is not focussed on what
> he is probably impatiently wanting to do.

I originally put the sections in this order because it seemed more
logical - first give the background information required to understand
the installation process, and then put the 'howto' part after.

This way, if someone wants to read the page as a document in itself, it
flows logically. If someone just wants to learn how to install software,
they can navigate to the next section with ease.

Thanks for the comments everyone,

Phil

--
Phil Bull