Hello, who's at home?

Matt Kirchhoff mek at somnonym.org
Wed Sep 14 17:31:37 UTC 2005

Matthew East <matthew.east.ubuntu <at> breathe.com> writes:

> On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 18:54 +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> > I've started playing with the very first page I hit...
> > UserDocumentation. I'm going to start restructuring it to match the
> > structure of http://ubuntu-doc.ath.cx/gnome/userguide/C/ Ubuntu User Guide
>
> In terms of the structure of that page, I also agree that the page needs
> work, but my only word of warning would be to remember that the Ubuntu
> Userguide you link to is not a finished document, and as such does not
> really have a totally solid structure. While I was doing some work on it
> earlier this year I realised that there are a lot of problems with the
> structure that needed to be sorted out. In the end the document has not
> Welcome again,
> Matt

Is the Userguide intended to be the primary user documentation in the future? If
so, I'd be happy to help flesh it out. Some sections, such as the chapter on
Digital Cameras[0], are mostly empty. Is it worth the time to populate these?

Thanks,
Matt Kirchhoff

[0]
http://ubuntu-doc.ath.cx/gnome/
userguide/C/ch19.html#peripherals-digitalcamera-installing