Documentation String Freeze today (September 8)

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 8 12:32:09 UTC 2005

Hi all,

As seen in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BreezyReleaseSchedule, today marks
Documentation String Freeze. Everyone currently maintaining docs in svn
should finish their editing before this day ends so that we can give the
translators ample time to do their work.

At the moment, we have 2 documents ready, About Ubuntu and the Ubuntu FAQ
Guide. For Kubuntu, there are two as well: About Kubuntu and Kubuntu Quick
Guide, although Kubuntu Quick Guide needs to validate in order to be
included. Edubuntu has no doc string freeze for this release.

If there are any more major changes for these documents, please make sure
they are completed before the day ends. We can only allow exceptions that
require confirmation from mdz if 1.) there are major typos and 2.) the
document is exceptional and still awaiting preview (Release Notes)

Cheers!

Jerome G.