faqguide -> desktop/server guides

Robert Stoffers rstoffers at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 23:11:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 09:55 -0700, Matt Kirchhoff wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 10:14 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Apologies for spamming the commit list, but after the email discussion
> > recently I have taken the time to:
> >
> > * move the faqguide into gnome/
> > * rename the faqguide into desktopguide
> > * make a copy of the desktopguide and called it the serverguide (work
> > can now be done on eliminating overlaps and speccing out the serverguide
> > properly)
>
> Nice! Well, I thought this would be a good time to take a crack at my
> first svn patch, so I took an easy change: removing the DHCP server
> section, since this shouldn't be applicable to a desktop. Let me know if
> I did something horribly wrong!
>
> Also, I noticed that at the top of the MySQL page in Yelp are some
> hyperlinks back up to the Networking section. This isn't true of the
> other sections under Networking--bug?
>
> Diff attached.
>
> --
> Matt Kirchhoff

At the moment we are in the stages of moving applicable stuff from the
Desktop Guide to the Server guide, and DHCP is one of them (in fact the
whole networking section will go). Thanks for the patch, but its
probably best to wait until all the moving has finished and this will be
done :)

Regards,

--
Robert Stoffers
Author/Maintainer - Ubuntu Starter Guide
Email - rstoffers at gmail.com