Sec: Unclassified - New contributions without docbook

Stoffers, Robert LAC Robert.Stoffers at defence.gov.au
Tue Oct 18 02:35:35 UTC 2005

I'd just like to add an idea of mine to that if I may: what if we accepted new document contributions done on the Ubuntu wiki and "converted" them to docbook ourselves? Once the content and outline is done, all we need to do is add the appropriate tags to have a new document. This would negate the learning curve of docbook for new contributors, this way we get the advantage of easy-to-learn Moin and still keep our existing setup. We might even be able to write a script to do the "conversion" if someone is keen.

We wouldn't accept every proposal of cause, and would require people send their proposal to this mailing list first for discussion. I also remember TLDP having an online docbook document editor page on their website that could also be of use.

Regards,

--
Robert Stoffers
Author/Maintainer - Ubuntu FAQ Guide