Wiki - Forum love

Mathew D. Watson matw at eclipse-optics.com
Mon Oct 17 14:19:32 UTC 2005

Matthew East wrote:
[snip]

> Now we believe a further effort is needed. My idea was to make the
> following pages a clear guide to aid people from the forum to post
> material on the wiki in a wiki that is not going to cause disruption
> with the current scheme:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DraftWikiGuide
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/forum

Great! I just subscribed to this list so I could ask where to put some
of what I learned from the forums. Talk about instant gratification. :-)

Having a work area like this is an excellent idea. I was struggling with
how to edit the wiki in steps (as I work through and check what I'm
writing) and then place the document where it fits best into the
UserDocumentation.

I visited the /forum page and immediately ran into a problem. I'm
planning to work on a page about "using ssl with apache2", which will go
on page /forum/server/apache2/SSL. However, /forum/server contains one
big howto about Postfix. There's no room for anything else now, at least
nothing that can be found. 8^(

Ah! I can probably add some page links above that posting.
/apache2, /zope, ...
That'll give me some room to work in. Wow! Editing these pages is kind
of scary at first, but it's pretty easy once you've done it.

I've got to run, but later I'll start fleshing out the pages I just added.

Thanks for setting this up.

Mat