packaging - going well, with one exception

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 29 08:07:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 12:56 +0530, Bhuvaneswaran wrote:
> > several minutes)! I have no idea why, because running the relevant
> > command in the command line is really fast. If anyone knows WHY this is
>
> Fortunately, the problem is repeatable. If i run it from Makefile,
> it's very slow. If i run it from the command line, it's fast. If it
> run it from a dedidated Makefile (just an entry for serverguide
> alone), it's fast.
>
> When i debugged, i found it was due to the docbook version we use for
> server guide. Currently, we're using v4.3. For almost all other
> documents we use v4.1.2. So, i used v4.1.2 for server guide and it
> solves the problem. I've attached the patch, please verify and apply.

I'm afraid the patch means that the serverguide doesn't validate.

matt at kalliope:~/ubuntu/ubuntu-doc/trunk$ ./validate.sh
generic/serverguide/C/serverguide.xml
../../../common/C/ccbysa.xml:10: element appendix: validity error : No
declaration for attribute base of element appendix
../../../common/C/fdl.xml:9: element appendix: validity error : No
declaration for attribute base of element appendix
Document generic/serverguide/C/serverguide.xml does not validate

It's a good idea to always check with ./validate.sh before
commiting/patching.

Thanks for working on this though!

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com