Ubuntuguide.org translations

Matthew east matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com
Wed May 18 18:02:53 UTC 2005

> Have had a cursory glance around the internet
> (http://opensource.bureau-cornavin.com/html2pot-po2html/index.html): looks
> easy to do. Seems like the important thing is to have an XHTML compliant
> webpage. I've checked and ubuntuguide seems to comply already :D We might
> have to cut the css out too (not sure). If that were to be done, it should
> be fairly easy to convert it to a .pot file ready for translation :) At the
> very least, this will help the people translating the guide right now, and
> maybe it would even allow us to get the guide into Rosetta.

update on this. bleh, its not going brilliantly: I've tried the
gnome-doc-utils converter (segmentation fault, bug filed), the kde
converter (only converted the headers), and translate-toolkit
(http://translate.sourceforge.net/). The last of these is the only one
which has done a full conversion, but sadly it doesn't seem to handle
xhtml properly and it hasn't converted most of the tags!

So far, no good :/ But I'll keep trying! My best hope is the second one
to be honest.

Matt