wiki and automatic tutorial

Robin Shannon robin.shannon at gmail.com
Mon May 16 12:54:38 UTC 2005

2005/5/16, Henrik Nilsen Omma <henrik at canonical.com>:
> We are moving to Moin which will let us use Talk pages (yay!). We'll
> have a test site set up shortly.

Further proof that great minds think alike. I sitll think mediawiki is
far better looking, and with much better features than any other piece
of wiki software (including moinmoin), but still its better than what
we had. The most important question though, is, will annon users be
able to edit the talk pages? This is vital if we want people to ask
questions, and post possible solutions and the what to the talk pages.

> Sounds like a good idea. We have lots of FAQs and HOWTOs, but I agree
> that tutorials that are properly targeted would be very useful. (let's
> have lots of screenshots) The really introductory ones could even go on
> the LiveCD Win-FOSS side too. (http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/WinFOSS)

Ok, ill start it right away (well actually ill go make myself some
toast first, but you get the idea). What is the license that the wiki
content is under? Is it even under a license? It really should be
under one if it isnt. It would be nice if the forum (or at least new
forum posts) were put under some free license too, so that it would be
easy to incorporate stuff into other things such as the wiki (though
its not too important cause it usually can (and should be) reworded
without to much difficulty).

> - Henrik

And just a final question. Why isnt the reply-to address for every
post on this list set for <ubuntu-doc at lists.ubuntu.com>? It makes it a
real bugger to reply to posts without it.

peace out,
-rjs

--
hit me: <robin.shannon.id.au>
jab me: <robin.shannon at jabber.org.au>

This work is released into the public domain.
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain>