WikiText (Re: the wiki FrontPage discussion rolls on)

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu May 5 17:40:57 UTC 2005

Hi all. I think you're moving away from zope/plone/zwiki so this may not
be all relevant.. but since I'm here!

> I'm not sure what inspired the original SmushedTogetherWords design
> decision (which pre-dates our install by years), but I suspect it was

Here are some reasons: http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiNameAdvantages

It's not the right choice for every community. Free-form names have
their advantages too. In Zwiki, you can write the link as [Wiki Name] to
make it appear with a space. Or, the wiki admin can configure it so all
WikiNames are displayed with spaces automatically; or can disable
non-bracket WikiNames entirely.