Profiling for Documents

Matthew east matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com
Tue Jun 28 12:11:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 22:39 -0400, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> I can't find the email that talked about this, but didn't we discuss some form
> of profiling for the documents.
>
> i have been looking at the kuserguide and have noticed a lot of similarity to
> the gnome userguide, especially in the preface, acknowledgements and etc.
> that it seems we could just setup these sections and almost make them a part
> of any document.
>
> I think Sean refered to it so if so here is my ++1 to it.

I'm glad this thread has been started so that we can discuss this a bit
before the meeting (it is on the agenda).

My view is this: I can see the usefulness of profiling. However at the
same time I am concerned that it will raise the entry level required to
join the docteam: in order to work on documents which are profiled, it
will be necessary to learn how it works, and this is non-trivial in my
opinion. This worries me because I think it is important that our work
be kept as simple as possible so that new users can join us easily and
get involved!

My 2 euro cents.

Matt