Wiki

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 08:19:15 UTC 2005

Corey Burger wrote:
>>But it is not our decision, and the time as now past to make or influence that
>>decision.
>

> I dispute that, and also state the main reason it was not considered
> was due to it being PHP.

I think that was the system admin in me that was taking in my email...the guy
in charge of the server should always have the last veto on installing or not
a piece of software on his server.  And if that decision was only based on
PHP, I suspect that's what happened here.

> That being said, as long as Moin supports all the features that make
> Mediawiki useful, I have no issues with staying with Moin. Until it
> does so, I intend to push for them.

Fair enough.  but at one point you have have to move on if you don't get any
traction in a fight.    I suspect the technical people managing the wiki don't
want to have another wiki transition so soon after the one we just did.  That
will be a major factor in deciding to listen to your arguments or not for
Mediawiki.

--
Daniel Robitaille