Using glossterm in documents

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Fri Jun 24 10:14:18 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have enabled functionality to use glossterm elements in the system.

I have used
http://computerdictionary.tsf.org.za/dictionary/packages/computerdictionary_1.0-1_all.deb
As a build dependancy as a docbook glossary database.

A use case can be found in generic/instal-guide/C/installation-guide.xml

When a document has a glossary section at the end, that looks like this

<glossary role="auto">
        <glossentry>
            <glossterm>Dummy</glossterm>
            <glossdef>
                <para>Now you see me, next you won't.</para>
            </glossdef>
        </glossentry>
</glossary>

At time of transforming the document all glossterms will result in a glossary
term and definition being added to the glossary section.
The following is an example of how it is marked in the text.

<para>Assuming a network adapter is found, the installation system tests for
network connectivity and if connected broadcasts to the network for a
<glossterm linkend="D-d0e6764">DHCP</glossterm> server and waits for a
response.</para>

Questions welcome.

Enjoy
--