Release Notes Where?

Nick Loeve ubuntu at trickie.org
Wed Jan 19 23:08:15 UTC 2005

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 11:23:47PM +0800, Enrico Zini wrote:
>

>>On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 10:15:56PM +1100, Nick Loeve wrote:
>>

>>>Enrico or Sean (or anyone else), do you know where the release notes are
>>>going to be stored, and where will they appear?
>>>

>>I imagine one copy goes into the CD, one in the website linked from
>>announcements about Hoary and yes, probably also one linked from the
>>About Ubuntu page; however, this is just my common sense, and I've sent
>>a mail to mdz asking where we can find an official voice for that.
>>

>They should be included in a package (possibly a new one), and also
>published on the website.  In the desktop, they could be viewed with yelp,
>or a browser, whatever makes sense to you folks.

Ok, thanks Matt and Enrico.

I was talking to Sean about the relative length/content of the release
notes...  I was thinking about how to lay them out, and came up with an
idea to have each goal, a short description of what impact/goodies the
goal provides and then have a link to the contributors (all contributors
will be listed in a seperate section). Is that overkill?

I could always knock myself out and then get some editorial comment
later... :) Anyway started doing that anyway... even if just to practice
writing in docbook.

Cheers
;) trickie (Nick Loeve)