Packaging the FAQ Guide (was #ubuntu-doc report for 2004-01-06)

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Sun Jan 9 14:32:53 UTC 2005

On Sunday 09 January 2005 15:40, Alexander Poslavsky wrote:
> Which would leave us with two solutions:
> 1. Install yelp anyway (this would install a whole bunch of libs as
> well, as well as scrollkeeper etc. This would give us one paltform to
> work for.

Not acceptable.

> 2. Make a seperate package for kde (kubuntu), in kde-helpfiles
>     note: What does kde use for its helpfiles? not docbook/xml, how
> can we convert our docs to what they use?

HelpCenter.

> 3. Make a seperate html package, this should be easy.

Same as 2.

> I vaguely remember some web-server or something for scrollkeeper
>
> Anyway, for starters I would like to get this to work for gnome. If we
> could get a reasonably good documentation platform than others will
> join. But we need a working platform, extesible, with linking between
> the docs etc.

Which brings me back to the question, why have separate OMF files. If we have
linking between docs it means that each document is dependant on the other.
So I think we should have a single OMF with multiple resources, each
resources has its own seriesid.

> BTW I upgraded to hoary and the new version of help is much nicer,
> stuff lines up now etc.

Cool.

--
Sean Wheller