Message to everyone

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Jan 3 03:41:32 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 03:48:31PM -0600, John Hornbeck wrote:

> I am not sure how much, if any at all I will be able to do for Ubuntu,
> and would like to not be relied upon for sections of docs that will
> need to be ready.  I did not relize that my time would be cut this
> thin but I have to do what is best for my family.  I will keep up the
> SVN server until it is moved but after that I would like someone to
> take it over when it is on the Cananical servers.  Please email any
> questions about any of this to me or the list if you think others
> should see it.

Thanks John for your involvement so far, and I hope your tight schedules
will relax a bit and we'll see you here again.  It's been, it is and it
will be a pleasure working with you!

In the meantime, I'll try to make sure that the subversion server is
moved to Canonical machines.

Since you used to be one of the most active contributors of real
content, after Christmas holidays time I'll also try to see who's left
for writing documentation.

In the meantime, I'll try to sort out as many boring details as
possible[1], so that we get to a point where the only thing left to do
will be to write stuff, and whoever doesn't do that is bad, bad, bad :)

Ciao,

Enrico

[1] Namely:
 - Can we have screenshots in the Quick Guide or not?  We must have
   them, or it's not a cool guide; however, that would mess thing with
   translators; however, how can we write technical simple cool
   documentation without screenshots?  I'll try to work this out with
   Mako.
 - Moving the svn repository to Canonical machines (Bugzilla #5111)
 - Finding out what deadlines we have (Bugzilla #5115)
 - Finding out to whom the copyright should be assigned (Bugzilla #5145)
 - Recover the "About Ubuntu" page and put it in Subversion
--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>