I'm getting XPath error in revision 501

Jeff Schering jeffschering at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 07:05:54 UTC 2005

Hi

I did svn update, and got revision 501.

I decided to see what the quickguide looks like in yelp before doing
any more work. This is the message in the terminal:

jeff at cloud:~/ubuntu-doc $ yelp quickguide/quickguide.xml
Use of deprecated SAXv1 function endElement
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd
XPath error : Invalid type

Yelp starts up ok, but most of the pages are inaccessible ("The
selected page could not be found in this document." is the error
message).

Everything works ok in yelp up until "Applications Menu -->
Accessories". Even then, the page only displays the Archive Manager
and the Calculator sections.

I ran the validate.sh script, and it returns with no messages.

I checked out revision 492 (because I know it to work - it's the
version I checked out originally) and it works ok. There is no XPath
error when yelp starts up with revison 492

I tried to see if there was any difference in the tag structure
between <sect2 id="qg-calculator" status="complete"> and the following
sect2 <sect2 id="qg-charactermap" status="complete">, but nothing
jumped out. Like I said earlier, yelp will not display anything past
the calculator section.

Is it me, or is it quickguide.xml?

Jeff