Some feedback

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Sat Feb 12 12:12:16 UTC 2005

On Saturday 12 February 2005 14:12, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 12:30:45PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> > Good question.  I started asking it around, let's see what some bugzilla
> > guru can tell me.
>
>    <amu> enrico: probably the best, if the docteam define an mailalias
>          where the new bugs goes to, assigned to noone isnt a good idea,
>          practically bugs are lost in nirwana, elmo can change your
>          assignment.
> <enrico> amu: good idea.  Is it possible to have mailaliases defined
>          like @docteam.ubuntu.com ?
> <enrico> Or maybe we could just set that to the ubuntu-doc mailing list.
>    <amu> enrico: you should ask elmo, with the kubuntu, we defined an
>          external alias
>    <amu> enrico: everyone think, the other one already take care care ?
>          ;)
> <enrico> amu: at the moment everyone things I already take care :)
>
> So, since I was considering asking for a docteam.ubuntu.com alias to
> point to http://people.ubuntu.com/~mako/docteam, that can also host some
> mail alias.
>
> I tried to make an account for the list to bugzilla, to try assigning
> things to the list and see what happens.  However, I have to wait for
> some moderator to wake up, approve the posting and whitelist bugzilla on
> the list.
>
> I'll keep trying and see what happens.

Enrico,

I use a system of three mailing lists on my projects.
1. Users - General discussion
2. Notify - Messages from Bugzilla where notify@ is a user in bugzilla and the
default owner of projects and their products.
3. Commit - Like we have for SVN.

So when things happen in bugzilla, the message is automatically assigned to
notify@ and message is sent to the notify at mailinglist

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author