#ubuntu-doc report for 2004-01-31

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Tue Feb 1 09:50:26 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 11:06, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 10:49:12AM +0200, Sean Wheller wrote:
> > > Also, the pages at http://people.ubuntu.com/~mako/docteam/ are getting
> > > updated from time to time.
> >
> > Define, "from time to time."
> > The current pages are very out of date :-)
>
> This is the procedure at the moment:
>  - I build the docs by hand and put the tarball online in my slow site.
>  - A script by mako once a day checks if the tarball has changed and if
>    yes, sends a mako to mako.
>  - Mako sees the mail and untars the tarball by hand.
>
> Last night I proposed this improvement, which would make things quicker:
>  - I build the docs by hand, put the tarball online in my slow site and
>    send a mail to mako.
>  - Mako sees the mail and untars the tarball by hand.
>
> Hopefully, after some time we're doing this something else will have a
> chance of getting automated.

OK, but is this not another overhead on you and mako. When I did the scripts I
was trying to avoid the extra overhead, save you time :-)

Now's about this:
1. You create script to run 'make all' and do 'tar'.
2. Script copies to your slow site
3. Mako script does daily check. If newer, copy to mako site
4. Mako script extracts archive.
5. enjoy, and forget :-)

--
Sean Wheller