#ubuntu-doc report for 2004-01-31

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Tue Feb 1 10:16:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 11:50:26AM +0200, Sean Wheller wrote:

> Now's about this:
> 1. You create script to run 'make all' and do 'tar'.
> 2. Script copies to your slow site
> 3. Mako script does daily check. If newer, copy to mako site
> 4. Mako script extracts archive.
> 5. enjoy, and forget :-)

Point 1 and 2 are already scripted, and I'm ready to add "mail mako" to
that script.

Point 3 and 4 are hard to fully automate, as mako's using an account on
a machine with a nazi security policy and it'll take time to see if he
can automate something like that.  For this reason he's doing things by
hand to at least get something happening.

Ciao,

Enrico hoping someday to reach point 5 ;)

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>