How and why to start hacking Ubuntu Help

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 09:34:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

There is no question on the team's route to Baz, its just that it
doesn't seem appropriate at the moment when we're already midway in
some documents. And also, one of the reasons why we are experiencing
this now is that we haven't had a decent team brainstorming and spec
writing session during the developer conference (not even online), so
people who are writing documents were responsible for creating the
spec themselves instead of being a team effort. This should not happen
again and what we can only do for now is charge it to experience and
make the most of what we are currently doing, do some workarounds if
appropriate. For the next release, we should be more aggressive in
doing collective work rather than updating each other on what
DocteamProjects have. After all, we are all learning as a team and
differences on opinion cannot be avoided.

As for the licensing, I am not that much knowledgeable on this matter.
It is also one issue that needs to be discussed further in the coming
releases.

So at the moment, we have great ideas for the project, but we must
also remember to set realistic targets, based on our current
constraints and schedules, on implementing these ideas. For those
targets, once again, collective effort is a must.

--
Cheers!

Jerome G.