More incorrect deletion of pages on the wiki

Matthew East matthew.east at breathe.com
Mon Aug 1 13:59:47 UTC 2005

This is now getting beyond a joke! People continue to delete wiki pages
without removing and updating the relevant backlinks all over the wiki.
This is continuing to cause major problems with broken links. I can only
think that the best solution for this will be to remove the possibility
for deleting pages until people can prove that they have learnt how to
do this properly. Henrik, what do you think?

Corey: please stop it! We've talked about this loads of times and you
know that this is wrong. A recent example: the page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Java is linked all over the wiki, and it is now
not there any more.

Others: please please please take note that deleting wiki pages without
first fixing links is really damaging.

Matt

--
Matthew East